Beetroot, Spinach and Goats Cheese Parcels
1 packets Puff Pastry
450 g Beetroot
200 g Goats Cheese
100 g Spinach
1 Onion diced
30 g Goodness Pine Nuts
30 g Cranberries (optional)
1 Egg (egg wash)
15 g Butter
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Place the beetroot on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 40 – 45 minutes until tender.
- Set aside to cool, then remove the skins.
- In the meantime, put the butter into a large pan and melt over a moderate heat, add the onions and cook until softened and translucent, add the spinach and cook for 2–3 minutes until just wilted.
- Remove from the pan, place in a colander and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Cut the beetroot into 1cm dice, and place in a bowl with the spinach, balsamic vinegar, onion, pine nuts, cranberries (if using) and goats cheese, season and set aside.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly-floured surface, cut out 6 x 15cm squares.
- Place the beetroot mixture into the centre of each pastry square then brush the pastry edges with eggwash.
- Seal the pastry to form a parcel.
- Place in a preheated oven for 20–22 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with baby potatoes drizzled with butter and some green beans