Pears Belle Helene
6 large Pears
200 g Caster Sugar
1 large glass of White Wine
0.5 Lemon cut into wedges
0.5 Orange cut into wedges
600 ml water
110 g Gluten Free 70% Cocoa Solids Plain Chocolate
250 ml Fresh Cream
4 large tbsp Icecream
- Peel the pears, leaving the stalks in place and remove the cores.
- Place the sugar, water, lemon, orange and wine in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the pears and allow to simmer, covered with a square of parchment paper, in the liquid for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool in the liquid for at least 2 hours or the next day is best to allow the flavours to infuse.
- In the meantime, prepare the chocolate sauce. Add the cream to the saucepan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the boiled cream over the chocolate and stir gently to make a sauce.
- Keep covered with cling film and warm until needed.
- To serve, fan out the pears, leaving the stalks intact.
- Arrange a cocktail glass, add some whipped cream and the fanned pears.
- Drizzle a little of the chocolate sauce over each one – the remainder can be served in a small jug separately.
- Served with oodles of your favourite ice cream.