Perfectly Pear Walnut Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (see preparation note below)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 tablespoon Grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 heads of butter lettuce, hand torn into bite size pieces or 5-ounce package arugula
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thin sliced lengthwise, dipped in lemon juice
- For the dressing, whisk or blend the oil, syrup, vinegar, and salt. Adjust dressing to taste, if needed.
- For the salad, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-low heat. Add the walnuts and sauté for a few minutes. Add the brown sugar and cook until caramelized.
- In a large bowl, toss the salad dressing with the greens, pear slices, walnuts, and sugar, until well coated.
Prepare a simple syrup using 3/4 cup water, 3 Tablespoons sugar, cooking over low heat until sugar is melted. Measure amount needed for recipe