Warm quinoa salad with grilled halloumi
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion , sliced
- 1 large roasted pepper from a jar, thickly sliced, or a handful of ready-roasted sliced peppers
- 200g quinoa
- 500ml vegetable stock
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- large pinch sugar
- 250g pack halloumi cheese , cut into 6 sliced
Preparation and cooking times
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan. Cook the onion and pepper for a few mins, then add the quinoa and cook for a further 3 mins. Add the stock, cover and turn the heat down to a simmer. Cook for 15 mins or until soft, then stir through half the parsley. Heat the grill.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice with the remaining parsley and oil, and a large pinch of sugar and salt. Grill the halloumi until both sides are golden and crisp. Serve the salad with the grilled halloumi and the dressing poured over everything.
Quinoa is brilliant for vegetarians as it contains good levels of protein. It is gluten-free and also an excellent source of calcium, iron and B vitamins